Search This Blog

Monday, August 2, 2010

Inception...Whoa, I think my mind was just destroyed!

All I can say is holy crap! What an incredible movie! I mean I knew it would be good, but as good as it was...WHOA! Christopher Nolan, you have turned me into not only a believer but a follower of your work! I mean the Dark Knight was amazing, and I've never seen a villian quite so dark, but this was totally different. When you think about, I'm sure there's actually a way for people to have their dreams linked like that. At least in the future that is. Leo DiCaprio is the man! I know he was like the man in Shutter Island, but I thought he was even better in Inception. He's a really high calibur actor that deserves some serious recognition. I don't know if anyone has seen What's Eating Gilbert Grape? but wow! Johnny Depp plays Gilbert and does a really awesome job, but then he has a mentally challenged brother named Arnie who was played by a young Di Caprio. I mean he was maybe 18 or 19, and he does such an incredible job, especially for being the age that he is! But in Inception he's even better (obviously he's grown up physically and as an actor). I also gotta give some serious props to Ellen Page, nicely done. I saw Juno and it was pretty good, but I couldn't relate to her character very much, she did a nice job acting in it though. I also gotta say YES, Michael Cain made a small cameo, which is awesome because he's pretty much the man, 'nuff said. The movie's premise however, was totally mind bending. I haven't ever even thought of something like that until they planted that idea in my head (no pun intended). But in all seriousness it was an incredible movie that kind of came out of the blue. If you haven't seen it yet, drop everything you're doing and go see. Trust me...it's worth every second of your time.

Over and out,
Denny G

No comments:

Post a Comment